This year hasn’t really been one of the best for me…but hey who says it has to end the same way. End??? Yes guys END!! We are just under 100 days and we will be saying goodbye to 2015 and despite it not being all i had expected it to be, i have decided to make the remaining 90 days the best for the year. I’m gonna make a home run!! 🙂 🙂
Inspired by a former classmate who has been using the hashtag 100 days of happiness on social media, i came up with mine. In these 90 days i’m gonna post something everyday that has been the highlight of my day that contributes to the hashtag meaning that i am hereforth challenging myself to being happy everyday :). I am also going to challenge everybody that is going to read this article to do the same…and share it with me on social media; facebook, instagram, twitter, snapchat… and lets spread the happiness and cheer wherever we are as we say goodbye to 2015.
We have been having our summer days here in Kenya and I am going to share an ice-cream recipe a friend and I tried one of these hot days as an epilogue to #90daysofhappiness. Be sure to try it 🙂 🙂 🙂
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
Ingredients: 500ml full fat milk
1 tablespoon cornflour
1/2 cup sugar
1 1/2 tablespoon coffee granules (instant)
1/4 teaspoon vanilla essence
150gms fresh cream
1. Dissolve the coffee in 1 tablespoon of hot water
2. Dissolve the cornflour in 1/2 cup of milk
3. Mix 2 cups of milk with sugar and bring to boil in a pan
4. Simmer for 5 to 7 minutes and add the milk and cornflour paste
5. Simmer for 2 to 3 minutes till it is of coating consistency
6. Add the coffee solution and mix well. Cool completely.
7. Add the vanilla essence and cream and mix well
8. Pour into a shallow container. Cover and freeze till it is almost set
9. Divide the mixture into 2 batches and churn each batch separately in a blender till it is smooth
10. Transfer both batches into a shallow container.
11. Cover and freeze till firm
12. Scoop and serve.
There you have it